I have missed you all! While I was away I received a Sunshine Award from Clar so thank you Clar. I’m giving it to everyone in my sidebar, so help yourselves, you all deserve it!
- March Break was filled with playdates, soccer, fishing, ice skating, swimming, The Lorax, a sleepover, two birthday parties, dinners with friends and the craziest of all:
courtesy of the talented Ed Ecaria. What a busy time he’s had putting this together. Poets have been pitted against each other and voters are voting for their favorite poems. Check it out on Ed’s blog and on Twitter #MMPoetry. The poems are wonderful!
- I finished critiquing my friend Julie Brough’s wonderful Fantasy MG about a phoenix (@belledechocolat on Twitter) and I am so excited for her to get it published, what a wonderful story and quite the page turner.
- I read Mei Ling discovers Jack Miner by a local author, Jane Buttery, who I met recently at my house. She is a lovely lady and has a vast historical knowledge of this area. The book is a great read for Middle Graders or to read to your children. Jack Miner’s is just down the road from me. Jane also has a book about the war, so I look forward to reading that too. And of course, I look forward to the next coffee afternoon!
- Other awesome reads this week are Tending to Grace by Kimberley Newton Fusco and Sparrow Road by Sheila O’Connor. Both fantastic page turners.
- The Metaphor game is moving to Mondays, (Metaphor Monday! ;)) keeping Wednesdays free for occasional posts about fun announcements and guest posts and any competitions/events worthy of note.
- I have lots of picture books edited so I look forward to feedback on those and I wish you all a fun, productive week. What have you all been up to? Any leprechaun antics?